Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Woah-Heat Wave!

Holy Heat Wave!

If you're reading from the Northeast, you know exactly what I'm talking about! We've got a serious heat wave going on over here! I can't complain too much though, I do spend a great deal of time inside with the comfort of air conditioning.

This week past week and current one, like most this summer, have been busy ones indeed! I've been working quite a bit lately and have also been keeping myself busy on the weekends. (Sorry about the lack of posts!)

I had a great picnic this weekend with my good friend Serena from school. Isn't she gorgeous?
Check out our awesome spread! We each made sandwiches (peanut butter and jelly on a TJ's sandwich thin, and hummus-turkey-lettuce-feta on my favorite cinnamon raisin bread) as well as a plethora of veggies, fruit, and some homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I've been experimenting quite a bit these days with my cookie recipes trying to get a really good one to enjoy as a treat as well as with my breakfasts. Let's be real, there's no better way to start the day than with a cookie! ;)

I've had some pretty great eats this week. The highlight being a HUGE pancake I made for myself on Monday morning. Guys, seriously, you need to make this!
Recipe:
-1/3 cup whole wheat pancake mix
-1/3 cup milk
-1 egg
-lots of cinnamon
-1/4 tsp vanilla

Toppings:
-1 sliced banana
-PB&Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl heated with milk to make a thin glaze.

Wow. This was great! And kept me full all the way until lunch! I'm definitely going to be recreating this one soon!

Some other random eats:
Always a winning snack: an apple with peanut butter (crunchy is my favorite!)
Some dinners: above--sauteed zucchini and onions topped with whole wheat rotini and tomato pasta sauce. Below--whole wheat pita filled with my leftover salad from Pump Energy Kitchen which included mixed greens, turkey breast, edamame, carrots, cucumbers, and some other goodies I can't remember. This was topped with feta cheese and my Dad's homemade steak sauce! You know the stuff!
Below--a huge salad with veggies from the garden! Nothing fresher and more organic than vegetables grown in your own garden :) topped with some Morning Star breakfast links, salsa, and a whole wheat bun top with Kingsbury sauce.
 Breakfasts--cereal bowl with blueberries and strawberries.
 Oatmeal mess with cashew butter and blueberries.
YIABowl! With strawberries and blueberries, and then topped with one of my experiment peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bites. So good!

I picked up a box of Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls Multigrain to try since I'm running low on my favorite Flax Plus. I've already had 10 a couple of handfuls, yeah it's that good! I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning for breakfast! I've got a couple of over ripe bananas to use, so I'm thinking a banana cereal bowl for breakfast. Although... I've been craving some banana bread since seeing The Fitnessista's Baller Banana Bread! Ahh decisions decisions decisions!

I guess you'll just have to check back in this weekend to see what I'm up to in the kitchen and what I end up making! :) Until then, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment