Friday, July 22, 2011

Attempt #1

Happy Friday Evening!

What a week it has been! It's been 100F+ over here the past two days! A little too hot for my liking, thank you very much!

The past couple of days I've been experimenting in the kitchen and having a lot of fun :) For about a month now, I've been wanting to try my hands at banana bread, but have not had any ripe enough bananas to do so until a couple of days ago. I referenced Courtney's recipe for banana blueberry bread but changed things up a bit because half-way through making the bread I realized I didn't have a couple of the ingredients :/

Overall, the end product turned out...well. It definitely wasn't Courtney level, but I'm going to give myself a tap on the back considering I didn't have the applesauce, didn't add any butter/oil, and didn't have vanilla extract.
Either it wasn't completely cooked all the way through or the bananas just made it really moist inside, but I actually liked it really dense and moist! I wasn't worried about it not being completely dry in the middle because I didn't use any eggs (I was also out of those).
I didn't wait long for it to cool because it smelled soooo good! I made myself a little bit of PB&Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl sauce to dip it in, mmmmm yummy :)

This actually made a really good breakfast cut up into bite sized pieces, heated up in the microwave, and topped with 1 tbs. sunflower butter and a diced pear.

Tonight for dinner I really wanted to use a fresh eggplant grown in our garden here! But, I didn't want to turn on the oven for fear of heating up the entire house, so I went with a simple stir fry with carrots, onions, and an Asian sauce served on top of some cooked quinoa.
After dinner I was craving banana soft serve like nobody's business, and luckily for me, I popped 1 super ripe banana in the freezer a couple hours earlier knowing the craving would kick in at some point during the evening.
I added some of my (new to me) hemp protein powder as well as a splash of milk and blended it up. Holy yum! This was delicious! I was a little apprehensive of the hemp powder I bought, but I've been looking to incorporate a little more protein into my diet, and I'm happy I chose this one because it's got a pretty good ingredient list and tastes great! Of course, I topped the banana soft serve with some dark chocolate chunks.

I've got another early day tomorrow but I'm looking forward to doing a little more experimenting in the kitchen tomorrow night.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment