Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! (1 day late)

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was my birthday! I'm officially no longer a teenager-20! I can hardly believe it! This year has been a whirlwind to say the least.  A lot of things in my life have changed, but a lot have stayed the same.  I can say one thing for sure, growing up is a lot harder than they say it is.  I didn't realize how much I still had left to learn and how much I still have left to learn.  But I'm very excited for what the future holds and to see how this next year pans out for me! 

Of course, I must update you all with my recent eats...please bare with me, it's breakfast again. But I do have a little treat to share from my birthday!

First is first though, breakfast!
TJ's English muffin with sunflower seed butter and a delicious golden apple!

Ezekiel cinnamon raisin break with sunflower seed butter on one half and almond on the other, topped with a banana!

Close up! I got hungry and had to snag a bite before taking the picture....woops :)

Last of my Van's waffles with Fage Greek yogurt, a banana, cinnamon, and sunflower seed butter.

This above picture needs some explanation.  First, I haven't had a savory breakfast like this in a while, it was much needed and so delicious.  I toasted a TJ's cinnamon raisin English muffin and topped it with a Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow cheese, 1 scrambled Egg, and 1 Tbs Kingsbury sauce.  "What is Kingsbury sauce" you ask? Only the BEST steak sauce ever! My Dad makes it! (His name is Kingsbury--King for short, so that's what we named it). I use this sauce on everything! From breakfast eggs, steak, chicken, as a marinade, with chips, as a veggie dip, straight from the bottle <---Maybe :) I share this with everyone, and so far, everyone has loved it! I'm really hoping that my Dad decides to sell it one day because it is too delicious not to share with the world!

Close up of this deliciousness!
Also, I just have to say that I have the best parents, ever, hands down. Sorry, but it's true. Remember when I posted that awesome care package they sent me for Easter? Well they did it again for my birthday! Can you say Edible Arrangements?


This arrangement was packed with strawberries, pineapple, grapes, and chocolate dipped peanut butter covered bananas. Do my parents love me or do my parents LOVE me?! I mean really, chocolate dipped peanut butter covered bananas, how did I not think of this before? These are mouthwatering. It's amazing I haven't devoured them all yet.

Inside my fridge! We've got lots of treats in there from my birthday picnic :)
Of course I had to use some of that fruit in my breakfast this morning! I enjoyed my last TJ's English muffin topped with both sunflower seed butter and peanut butter (the peanut butter is back in action--I finally got a new jar!) and fresh strawberries and pineapple on the side.  Isn't it so cute that they're cut into stars? It definitely helped me start the day off on a good note!



This was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.  Although I couldn't spend it with my family, my friends made me feel incredibly special and appreciated.  I'm so thankful for each and everyone of them.

Have a great May 12! The sun is shining and it's time for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh happy belated birthday! I love all your eats. The pineapple stars are too cute! I have always wanted to get an Edible Arrangement haha.
    P.S. Thanks for your recent comment on my blog... it's so easy to get sucked into the trap of being "too healthy" isn't it?! Good luck getting back on track!! :)

    ReplyDelete