Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Feeding

As per usual, this week was a beast. Thankfully, it was only a 4-day beastly week since this past Monday was 4th of July. Happy 4th of July by the way! :) Mine was pretty good, eve though I didn't get to spend it with my family. I won't even mention the copious amount of food I ate that day, it's a little embarrassing. Ha.

Anywho! This week was pretty busy with work and my internship but I did manage to meet up with a friend for dinner during the week which was great. We got to talk about our upcoming semester in Madrid, where I'll be studying abroad in the fall--I'm super exited! More details to come!

I also got to meet up with my great friend from school, she just got back from Barcelona the other day so of course we had to lots to catch up on!

Some of this weeks eats:
This is continuously a great cereal combo--Nature's Path Flax Plus, a crumbled homemade banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, cinnamon, blueberries, and milk. Usually this is what I like to have for breakfast on the weekends because it's harder to bring on the train to eat, but I recently discovered how I can eat it on the train and so this will definitely be making more of a breakfast comeback!
 I love apples with sunflower seed butter. Period. So. Good.
 First pancakes of the summer! Gosh, I wish I had enough time in the morning every morning to make myself whole wheat buttermilk blueberry pancakes. Yeah, say that 5 times fast. Topped with peanut butter cinnamon raisin sauce (PB&Co. CNPB and milk heated in the microwave).
 Wow. Just wow. I love these pita pockets. I filled these with a little bit of left over bolognese sauce, fresh from the garden lettuce, green beans, and cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. Then I placed them in a skillet to heat it all up a bit and get the pita a little crispy on the outside. Delicious!
I'm really loving veggie burgers these days, like really loving them. BOCA, Dr. Prager's, Amy's. You name it! Dr. Praeger's Curry veggie burgers are awesome. You should have one. Above is a whole wheat hamburger top with a BOCA Flamed Grilled Burger topped with a delicious salsa and some carrots and cherry tomatoes on the side. There were more veggies on the side but I got hungry while preparing dinner and about half of them disappeared. Woops :)

So today was the highlight of my week! One of my coworkers is Hindu and was having his son's First Feeding celebration today. He invited all of us from work to attend and join him in celebrating his son's first official bite of solid food! I was so honored to be invited to this event, I absolutely love learning about and experience new things from different cultures. It was great to meet some of his family and enjoy some homemade Indian food (my favorite!)
This was only the first plate of three. Yeah, I went all out today. I mean it's Indian food, can you blame me?

Isn't this the absolute most beautiful baby boy you've ever seen? I wish I had a better quality picture, but you'll just have to believe me when I say that this little boy has the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen.
That's Rana and his son! So precious!

Today was a wonderful day spent with friends and great food! Tomorrow starts off another week but I'm excited to see what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment