Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Post!

Hey Everyone! This is my very first blog post! Thanks for stopping by to read my blog! I've been following health, fitness, and food blogs for a little less than a year now, and I finally decided to start my own. I wasn't sure if I was going to start one, but with everything that's going on in my life and all of the exciting new things coming up in the next year, I thought this would be the perfect time to start and get into the swing of things!

A little background on myself: My name is Cindy. I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio but I'm currently studying Hotel and Tourism Management in New York City! Transitioning from a small town outside of Cleveland to New York City, while simultaneously trying to adjust to college life has been a challenge. I struggled with knowing what was healthy and what was not my first year, and like many college freshman, put on a bit of weight. Come summer, my Mom and I decided to make some much needed healthy changes and educated ourselves on basic nutrition and exercise. This summer was a real turning point for me in terms of my health. I learned to love vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy meats, healthy fats, and sweets.  It hasn't been easy learning, but every day is a new day and a fresh start! I'm on the right track and doing what works for me! Everything in moderation--life is about enjoying what you love, and that includes food!

I also hope to share some of my fun experiences in NYC and Madrid when I study there in the fall!

I hope you'll join me in my journey to be healthy, happy, and balanced and please feel free to share your thoughts along the way!

I'm off to grab an early dinner and then to an industry seminar, until then...

"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment