Saturday, April 16, 2011

Breakfast Refresh!

Hello All!

I've had some pretty great eats this week, but I need to remember to start carrying my camera with me! I always forget! I will learn, I promise! ;)

I did manage to remember to capture some pictures of my breakfasts the last couple of days! I finished off an entire bag of BobMill's 5 Grain Hot Cereal in no time! I loved it! Just five ingredients! And it was perfect for making overnight oats--which happens to be my new favorite breakfast : )

For my overnight oats, I usually use:
1/2 cup 5 Grain oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1 whole banana
Lots o' cinnamon (I LOVE this stuff!)

And let it soak overnight in the fridge. Then I take it out in the morning and heat it up in the microwave for about two minutes, until it's nice and steam hot! Then I drizzle a nut butter on top. I've been loving sunflower seed butter these days, so that's been my nut butter of choice.


Close up of ma' oats!
 These may not be the best looking pictures of my overnight oats, but let me tell you, this is a breakfast of champions! Most mornings, it can get me through 4 hours until I need a snack!

I love my overnight oats, but I definitely love Vans waffles with peanut butter and bananas! I've been slowly cleaning out the freezer for when I move out of the dorm in 3 weeks, so I've been having waffles for breakfast quite a bit this week. (I'm not complaining though)

A little burnt--I don't have a toaster oven so I use a pan to toast them...which I clearly haven't mastered yet.


Sandwich style!
You may have noticed a banana peanut butter sandwich (well actually that's sunflower seed butter!) I've been noticing these pop up on a couple of blogs that I read and I had to try it. This is such a great way to eat a banana with peanut butter! Usually I just drizzle a banana with peanut butter and that gets all messy; this is a good way to keep the nut butter from getting all over your fingers.

And alas, the return of my cereal combos! I haven't had cereal in a while because I decided not to buy any breakfast food until I started to clean out what I had--which meant no milk :( However, since I've made a significant dent in my stash, I decided to reward myself with some milk to finish off my cereal box.

Nature's Path Cereal (a mix of three actually) with bananas, cinnamon, and milk
Nature's Path is the BEST cereal ever! LOVE! I like to add bananas, blueberries, strawberries, basically any fruit! And of course, I always top it off with a lot some cinnamon. (The left over cinnamon milk tastes like cinnamon toast crunch!)

I'm promise to get better about capturing my other daily eats--I don't want to bore you!

Tonight I'm headed to a chill-hang-out party with my classmates to reward ourselves for a hard week of school--we just finished our first draft of a 25 page paper! You can bet we're going to have some good eats (and I'm going to photograph every single one of them!)

Until then, stay dry if it's raining where you are! Have a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment