Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hiking: Los Cotos, Spain

First, Happy October 1st! Can you believe we're already into October? Where did September go? I've only got 2 1/2 more months here! Not enough..

Anyway! I promised you last time I checked in a re-cap of my hiking trip from a few weekend ago and now I am keeping to my promise!

Madrid is a city for those who love to walk. I frequently find that the best way to explore and discover a city is to walk it and get a little lost. I did that in New York and I do that here everyday in Madrid. There is no grid-system like in New York. The roads go each and every way and street names are so similar that you easily forget which road you meant to take. Was is "Calle Segovia" or "Ronda de Segovia"? But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, because if it weren't for the crazy winding roads, I wouldn't have discovered some of the best kept secrets of Madrid--like where to eat, what plazas to sun bath in, or where to just people watch! And of course, Madrid is pregnant with history that is evident in every building, cathedral, sidewalk, bridge, and fountain. I'm so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to be here. Hmmm...what does this have to do with hiking? Get to it already, Cindy!

Despite how much my friends and I love this city, we wanted a day in nature, to explore yet another part of Madrid and the wonderful country side of Spain. So we ventured to Los Cotos, a town about 2 hours via train outside of the heart of Madrid. There's really no way to describe the beauty of the mountains we climbed and paths we hiked, so I'll leave you with these pictures.






Stay tuned for the next post about my experience at a Bull Fight. It might be a bit graphic so if you're a vegetarian, animal right's activist, or bothered by slightly explicit pictures, you may want to skip reading the next post.

On a happier note, I hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment