Sunday, September 18, 2011

3 Weeks

Sorry for my brief hiatus. I really don't have an excuse, other than I've been living and loving my life here in Spain. I've only been here for three weeks but it feels like forever :)
Salamanca, Spain
Boating in Retiro Park (Central Park of Madrid)
Hiking outside of Spain
Tapas bar hopping! Trying to find the best tinto de verano (typical Spanish drink of Red Wine, Seltzer/Sprite)!
What have I been up to for the past two weeks? Well, classes started on the 5th and it's been non-stop ever since! Classes are great--albeit super challenging, but in the best way possible. I'm talking all of my classes this semester in Spanish in an attempt to master the language and leave (tear...) this country fluent. 

I'm not quite there yet, but each day I feel myself getting a little bit better, whether it's learning new vocabulary, picking up on colloquial phrases, or being able to understand an entire conversation (eavesdropping) about "dinner last night" on the metro.

I really wish that these pictures could dispense all 5 senses, but since they can't, try to use all of your senses to enjoy these pictures.
Can you taste these churros? The rich pure chocolate?
Oldest University in Spain and 3rd in Europe: University of Salamanca (1134)
It's Sunday today, which means two things. First: homework day. Second: Bull Fights. Yep, we're going to a bull fight tonight. I've been warned many times that the bull fight can be quite scary, but I'm in Madrid and it's a must-do! I'll let you know how it goes! Perhaps in words, pictures might be a bit emotionally scaring...?

Until then!
Tengan un buen domingo! (Have a great Sunday!)

1 comment: