Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there, especially to one very special one in particular, my father! I know that everyone thinks their father is the best Dad in the world, but I'm convinced that mine truly is. Not only is he a wonderful father, he's a wonderful husband, loyal friend, and all around marvelous man. I'm so proud to call him my father. Unfortunately this year, we were unable to spend the holiday together since I'm in New York and he's back in Ohio...but we did get the chance to speak today over the phone and it was wonderful. (I may or may not have teared up a bit while talking to him...)

But enough of the teary talk! Today I spent the day with my host family friends for Father's day. We went to a wonderful brunch, had some ice cream, walked around town, and ended the day at the beach with an Italian take-out dinner. Nothing to write home about (hence the lack of pictures), but I did make up for it with a nice serving of dark chocolate :) (I still have a ton from my Easter basket!)

I promised some more pictures from my time here in New York so far, so here you go!

First up, the NYU International Hospitality Investment Conference at the Marriott Marquis where I was awarded with a scholarship and asked to give a speech to the patrons and scholars. It was such an honor to be able to thank those ladies and gentlemen for their generosity to my school and students.

Funny face--I'm happy though!

Speeching! Yeah, I just made that word up :)

That's me on the end, and our Dean of the school at the podium.
I have to admit, I was a bit scared to give a speech in front of nearly 1000 hospitality professionals, but I got up there and did it!

Like I mentioned, the event was held at the Marriott Marquis, which if you ever get the chance to visit NYC, you should get a tour of the Marquis--it's incredible! Huge. Like, seriously. And of course, this particular luncheon was delicious.




I was a little too nervous before my speech to eat very much, but once it was over I devoured that strawberry cheesecake! Yeah, I'm a beast. :)

I've got another day of work ahead of me tomorrow so "Tata for now!" and I'll catch you tomorrow with an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment